Hillary Clinton Started Birther Movement
While Donald Trump gets a lot of heat for questioning whether Barack Obama was born in Kenya or Hawaii, to the point that the far left claim this proves he’s a racist, most people forget that it was the Hillary Clinton campaign that started the Birther Movement back in 2008.
Here’s the video evidence:
Additional Video Sources:
- https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe–obama-muslim-talk-originated-with-hillary-529144387723 (1:50 to 3:40 is where this video clip was taken from)
- Direct Video URL: https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/embedded-video/mmvo43251781959
- John Heilemann confirms what was said on the show.
Here’s the media coverage of that event from 2008:
- “Barack Obama’s campaign team today accused Hillary Clinton’s beleaguered staff of mounting a desperate dirty tricks operation by circulating a picture of him in African dress, feeding into false claims on US websites that he is a Muslim.”
- “The picture showing Obama in a turban during a visit to Kenya in 2006 first appeared on the Drudge Report website yesterday. The site said it was circulated by Clinton’s staffers and quoted one saying: “Wouldn’t we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were [Clinton]?”
- “A flap erupted when some Internet sites on Monday posted a photo of Obama in Somalian garb, including a white turban. When the Obama campaign charged that Clinton aides had leaked the photo – taken during a 2006 trip to Africa – the Clinton campaign manager, Maggie Williams, tried to turn the matter back at the Obama team, even though her camp has not denied any role in distributing the photo.”
- “Clinton’s campaign denies authorizing the release of the controversial photo but says that, with 700 staffers, it could not be certain someone had not sent it out unofficially.”
- “Two supporters of Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign reportedly shared the claim that then-rival Barack Obama was not born in the United States and thus was not eligible to be president. One was a volunteer in Iowa, who was fired, Clinton’s former campaign manager said Friday. The other was Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, according to a former McClatchy Washington Bureau chief.”
Additional media coverage: