On June 8, 1967 the USS Liberty, an unarmed Navy technical research ship was attacked by Israeli aircraft and missile patrol boats in international waters off the coast of Egypt. The attack killed 34 and injured 171 Americans. The attack was clearly an event that intersected military operations at the tactical and operational levels and politics at the strategic level.
News & Articles
- Israel’s Attack on USS Liberty – The Full Story (VeteransToday.com)
- “The lesson of the cold-blooded attack on the USS Liberty was that there is nothing the Zionist state might not do, to its friends as well as its enemies, in order to get its own way.”
- ‘But Sir, It’s an American Ship.’ ‘Never Mind, Hit Her!’ When Israel Attacked USS Liberty ‘The Americans have findings that show our pilots were aware the ship was American,’ a newly published document by the State Archives says
- Why did they order the recall of the planes that had been sent to rescue the Liberty? Why did Navy leadership order the surviving crew to be silent regarding the attack on the Liberty?
- Another Media Cover Up: Israel’s Attack on the USS Liberty
- USS Liberty Veterans Association
The Day Liberty Died
Attack on the USS Liberty
Ron Grantski, USS Liberty Surviuvor – Believes Israel Knew It Was Attacking Spy Ship While Claiming Accident (The Modesto Bee)