NC Death Rate From COVID-19
- According to Statista, the death rate from COVID-19 in NC is .015%
- For every 100,000 people that catch this virus, 15 die.
- However, 75% of those deaths are from people that had “at least 1 chronic underlying condition” which puts the death rate for healthy people at .00375%
- 15 x .25 = 3.75 out of 100,000 = .00375%
- This is why Trump and the White House Chief of Staff say 99% of coronavirus cases are totally harmless.
- Data last updated on July 19, 2020.
Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States
75 percent of coronavirus deaths had at least 1 underlying chronic medical condition, NCDHHS data shows
Data last updated: July 19, 2020
Other Supporting Data Sources
- 15 out of 100,000 in NC died so far from COVID-19
- There are 10.5 million people in NC
- 75% of NC deaths has at least 1 underlying chronic medical condition
- 1,396 people have died of COVID-19 in NC as of July 6, 2020
- 56% of NC deaths stem from Nursing Homes
- NC has a 15 out of 100,000 death rate, which is .014%
- 1 million tests done so far and 74,529 positive cases.
- Deaths by age in NC:
- 25-49: 4%
- 50-64: 11%
- 65+: 85%
- More data, but from May and earlier as the media stopped caring: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/
- CDC data on deaths per age: https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku
Breaking Down The Data Another Way
- 1,396 people have died from COVID19 so far in NC and 75% of those people had at least 1 underlying chronic medical condition.
- That means 25% of 1,396 deaths didn’t have a chronic underlying medical condition, which means only 349 people have died from COVID19 that didn’t have a chronic underlying medical condition.
- There are 10.5M people in NC.
- 349 people that died without an underlying medical condition divided by 10.5M = .0033% death rate from COVID 19.
Breaking Down The Data By Age & Chronic Health Conditions
- The NC death rate of .014% lowers even further if you take into consideration that only 4% of the deaths are for people in the 25 to 49 age bracket. That means that there is a .00056% chance Leah and I will die of this virus.